- Check with your local government to see if there are any restrictionsregarding garage sales and promotional signage.
- Advertise online using Craigslist, twitter, on your Facebook page, gslr.com, or nextdoor.com.
- Put up flyers on local bulletin boards.
- Make clear concise signs that can be easily read from far away.
- Double check your signs by driving past them to make sure they are visible.
- Add balloons, pinwheels or streamers to your signs.
- Invite your neighbors to join your garage sale, the more things you have to sell the more people will stop by!
- Decide what to do if it rains.
- Keep small bills on hand to make change.
- Have grocery bags available for sold items.
- Make sure all items are clean and functional.
- Display more interesting items in the front.
- Clearly mark prices.
- Offer a “Free Box” towards front of sale.
- Display like items together.
- Have an extension cord and batteries available to show items work.
June 20, 2017
Checklist for Garage Sale, Make it a success
by Kari Haas